Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Welcome Back from Art at Coral Elementary!


The 2012-2013 school year has begun and it 's time for my K-4th Art Smart students to start creating.

Before we get into lessons, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Skye Snyder and this is my tenth year teaching and my first year at Coral Academy of Science Elementary School here in Reno, Nevada. I am thrilled to bring my education and art background to an alternative school. At Coral, all the students, Kindergarten through 4th grade participate in a fine art curriculum. The students will be learning the art elements and principles of design in a nurturing yet challenging environment. It is my goal to guide our students to become keen observerers of their world and encourage them to visually express their ideas and creativity while learning skills and artistic techiniques. 

I hold a Masters degree in Education and a Bachelors in Art and Anthropology. Additionally, I am a working artist creating photographic portraiture for over twenty years. I invite you to view my online photography presence at Skye Snyder Photography or on Facebook.
As a reminder, this blog's purpose is for sharing information and showcasing our proud students' work to a larger audience. No photographs or names will be used on this blog without written parent/guardian consent. All comments will be moderated by me and I ask everyone to be supportive and encouraging when leaving comments for our little artists. Thank you.

If you are a parent and wanting to communicate, please come by the classroom to talk in the morning at 8am or email me at ssnyder@coralacademy.org.

I am looking forward to experiencing your child's creativity.

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of an environment that is "nurturing yet challenging". I look forward to seeing what beauty our wee artists create! Fabulous idea to showcase the greatness on a blog.

    ReplyDelete